The Southern Frontier
Apparently people in town cannot agree on the way things should be named in the new continent. Opinions are widely varied and many have simply started calling things whatever names they have come up with on the fly.
Of course, no two people seem to use the same names so conversations about directions can be tricky.
So far the types of naming conventions suggested have been…
- Descriptive: Name something based on what it looks like.
- Location: Name it in relation to something else.
- Fanciful: Name it something weird but memorable.
- Right of First Sight: If you see it first, you can name it what you like.
- Right of Conquest: Control the thing in question and you get to name it.